Primary Colors Project
- White construction paper
- Scraps of red, blue and yellow construction paper (Birds)
- Brown construction paper (branch)
- Google eyes (6 per student)
- Glue dots
- Glue stick
- Pastel feathers (3 per student)
- Brown and black colored pencils (to draw feet)
- Colored chalk
- White cotton balls
- Using colored chalk, swipe across the white paper, using 3 or 4 colors. This is to make a sunrise or sunset colored background. Blend and soften colors with a Kleenex sheet.
- Tear a branch and twigs from the brown paper. The branch should reach almost the width of the sheet.
- Tear birds from the red, yellow, and blue scraps. Body and wings for each. Glue above the branch.
- Tear beaks (red for the blue and yellow birds, and yellow for the red bird.)
- Draw feet from bird to branch with brown and black pencils.
- Glue on google eyes and feather tails with glue dots.
- Pull apart cotton balls for clouds and glue to picture.
- Tear out a sun, draw in a smiling face and glue above clouds.
- Add extras if you wish. (nest, flowers, leaves)