This lesson is one usingÂ primary colors, perspective, and expressions.Â Â A quick, easyÂ lesson on drawing frogs canÂ beÂ found atÂ ” HOW TO DRAW FUNNY CARTOONS.”
- Scrap paper to practice on
- White construction paper
- Black marker
- Practice drawing frogs.Â Only use aÂ few minutes on this, individual design is key.
- With perspective in mind, draw three lines across the paper.Â TheÂ longest one near the bottom of the page and theÂ shortest oneÂ about half way up.Â Draw a mid sized line between them. The perspective rule being: the closer the object, the larger and nearer the bottom of the page.Â The farther away something is, the smallerÂ it appears andÂ Â closer toÂ the top of the page.
- Draw three frogs on the lines.Â Show expressions by changing the curve of the mouth and direction of the eyes.
- Add lily pads, water, rocks, sun and waves.
- Trace over the pencil lines with black marker.
- Color the frogs using the primary colors:Â Â Color one blue, one red and one green.Â Â Color the sun yellow.
- Finish coloring the lily pads, water, rocks, sky, etc.
1st Grade Project Gallery: