Wire coat hanger project
- Wire coat hanger
- White glue
- Yellow construction paper cut into 1 ¼” x 12” strips (6 needed per chick)
- Yellow, orange, blue and black construction paper
- Copy of hat, feet and eyes (Pattern)
- Copy of wings and beak (Pattern)
- Shape the coat hanger in an elongated egg shape.
2. Lay the yellow 1 ¼” x 12” strips on a flat surface, placing them about 2 ½” apart. Tape to hold in place.
3. Lay the coat hanger over the strips, as in the reverse side picture. Fold ends toward the back and tape securely. Trim any of the overlapped strips that shows from the front.
4. Cut out the eyes, beak, feet, wings and hat. Using the finished example as a guide, and using white glue, glue the eyes, and beak to the face of the chick.
5. Fold at the fold marks and tape the feet and wings to the wire.
6. Tape the hat to cover the clothes hanger hook.
7. With a black marker, trace around the edges of the wings beak and feet.
Miscellaneous Projects Gallery: