What’s not to love about this little begger? “Want a treat”?
Wire coat hanger project
- Wire coat hanger
- Crayons or colored markers
- Masking tape
- Glue stick
- Paper clip (for hanging to wall) or a string for hanging
- Brown strip (2” x 18”) of construction paper (for the body)
- Puppy head (Pattern)
- Ears (Pattern)
- Front Paws (Pattern)
- Back Paws (Pattern)
- Bend the coat hanger into a diamond shape
- On white paper make copies of the head, ears, front and back paws.
- Color the puppy parts—you can add spots if you want
- Carefully cut out the puppy shapes
- Accordion pleat the brown strip of paper
- Tape the head to the hook of the coat hanger, the puppy neck should cover the bottom part of the hook
- Slide the front legs of the puppy under the ring around the neck of the puppy and tape securely
- Tape one end of the brown strip to the back of the neck and the other end to the opposite end of the hanger.
- Fold the feet on the dotted line and tape to each side of the brown strip.
- Tape the paper clip to the top of the puppy head or tape a string to the top if you are going to finish the back side too.
- If you want to hang the puppy so the back also shows, reverse the templates and glue the corresponding pieces over the taped pieces.