This makes a nice gift for the kids to give to mom or dad anytime of year. Grandma and Grandpa would like it too. Just about everyone has picture puzzles with missing pieces. Here is a cute project that uses up some of the remaining pieces. Cut a hole in the center of a paper plateÂ for a snapshop, leave some space around the picture for writing, “Love you to Pieces,” and glue lots of puzzle pieces around the edge.
- Paper plate
- Snapshot for frame
- Puzzle pieces
- Glue stick, white glue, or hot glue
- Black Sharpie
- Glitter glue
- Paper clip
- Cut a 3″ hole in the middle of the paper plate.
- Cut the snapshot at 3 1/2″ or larger. Tape the snapshot to the back of the paper plate.
- Tape the paper clip to the back side of the frame, be sure it’s positioned so the snapshot is upright.
- Lay a scrap sheet of paper over the snapshot while gluing on the puzzle pieces, so glue doesn’t get on your picture.
- Glue two or three layers of puzzle pieces to the edge of the paper plate. Let the glue dry.
- With the black Sharpie, write around the snapshot, “Love You To Pieces.”
- Outline the words with glitter glue. I also added lines of glitter glue over some of the puzzle pieces.
Valentine’s Day Projects Gallery: