This class was so much fun. First we viewed a Powerpoint of James Rizzi paintings. His bold, colorful and humorous portrayals of urban life just beg to be imitated. I have included the Powerpoint in the supplies list, but it takes a few seconds to load.
- James Rizzi art (Powerpoint)
- White construction paper
- Black Sharpie
- Draw a Rizzi type picture. Make your buildings come to life by giving them shape, patterns, eyes, mouth, etc.
- Fill the sky with stars, planes, planets. Add people and let your imagination prevail.
- Brightly color your picture.
- Outline everything with the black Sharpie.