Happy star faces surround the framed poem about a star announcing the Baby on Christmas day. It’s always fun to do a project with smiling faces—it puts you in a happy mood. The kids will understand that Jesus is the reason we’re celebrating Christmas.
- Cardboard 9” x 7”
- White cardstock (for poem)
- Colored construction paper
- Frame (Pattern)
- Gift poem (Pattern)
- Stars (Pattern)
- Colored pencils
- Black Sharpie
- Glue stick
- Paper clip
- Gold and silver glitter glue
- Carefully cut out the stars (takes about 30 per frame). Starting at the top left corner, place and glue the stars to the frame. Overlap and place the stars to cover the white frame.
- Color the star and baby Jesus with colored pencils. Lightly color the background with colors to complement the colors of the stars. Trace over the lettering with a black Sharpie.
- Glue the poem to the back of the frame. Tape a paper clip to the top center of the frame for hanging.
- With gold glitter glue, fill in the gold star. With thin lines, follow the rays with the gold glitter glue.
- With silver glitter glue, run a thin line of glue around each of the stars on the frame.
NOTE: Use a variety of colors for the stars and change the color of the glitter glue to enhance those colors.