This is always a favorite project of the kids. A nice, easy, lesson on drawing owls can be found at, “ http://www.brucehiscock.com/drawpage.html .”
- Scrap paper
- Black construction paper
- Oil pastels
- Gold glitter glue
- Practice drawing an owl using the step by step method of Bruce Hiscock. Don’t use too much time doing this. Just long enough to give the students confidence that they can draw an owl.
- Lightly draw an owl on the black paper.
- With the oil pastels, color in the body of the owl.
- Blacken the eyes and add a white spot. The white spot will make the eyes look alive and bright.
- Add a branch and twigs, stars and a moon.
- Add a touch of glitter glue to the stars and the moon.