The best part of the holiday of Thanksgiving is that it reminds us of how blessed we are. It’s important that we stress to our children that God is the source of all that we have and that we should thank Him daily for those blessings. This acorn and leaves hanging project is a perfect way to have the kids state what they are thankful for.
- White construction paper
- Acorn and leaves (Pattern)
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Glue stick
- Paper punch
- Black Sharpie
- Gold glitter glue
- Color the acorn and leaves. Cut out the acorn and leaves, making sure to stay on the outside of the black lines.
- Write your name on the acorns, and what you are thankful for on each of the leaves.
- Glue the two acorns together, back to back. Punch a hole in the top of the acorn and tie an end of the yarn to the acorn.
- Glue two leaves together, leaving the end of the stem free of glue. Fit the leaf over the yarn, put glue on the stem and glue the stem to the yarn. Space the leaves along the yarn. Make a loop on the end of the yarn for hanging.
- Glitter glue one side of the acorn and leaves. Let dry and then glitter glue the second side. Let dry and hang.